Friday 27 September 2013

Maths at work on a Friday Nite

The trips to the museum was very enlightening on a Friday night. It was amazing to see Maths concept in the artworks. It was a good learning experience.

When we were lead to the Problem 18: Make squares. My team mate and I manage to make squares with 1 piece, 2, 3, 4, 5 7 pieces but could not manage to make a square with 6 pieces.

The concept of area, geometry and counting was integrated in this lesson.  It also taught me that “anything you do, if I do it I will never forget it". Bruner, Piaget and Vygotsky seem to be always in our activities.

Bruner
Child listening
Visual ( Drawing)
Touching
Writing journal
Vygotsky
Social interaction (working in a group)

Piaget
Children are making connection to what they know (prior knowledge).



As children experience the process , learning take place





No comments:

Post a Comment