Thursday 26 September 2013

Read my mind...

 We started class with a “mind reading” game. 
         
Think of two numbers

The game was attention-grabbing.  The learning outcome children will be able:
1         ü to practice subtraction 
  ü See the pattern
  ü Communication skill


I agree with Prof Yeap's thought that to teach Maths the teacher’s role is very important.  During my maths era, my teachers taught multiplication not using Bruner Theory  (if they had , I would have done better).  Most of the teachers during my days in school were basically using their previous knowledge to teach us Maths. Even today, I explain Maths to my children using my previous method.

Something new : I would like to say this sentence when I am teaching my child next time. 

¾  / 3 = ¼
3 fourth shared equally among 3 = 1 fourth

The geoboard is a good therapeutic way to end the class as we were getting engrossed in designing a shape but the rule was to leave just one dot.  Reminded me of our kolam (a form of painting that is drawn using rice) 


Maths is making connection. Keep connected


No comments:

Post a Comment